what is webauthn
What is webauthentication?
WebAuthn is a new W3C global standard for secure authentication.
- Passwordless, biometrics-based re-authorization
- supported by all leading browsers and platforms.
- Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browser have implemented webauthn support.
- Android(7.0+), Windows 10 will have built-in support.
Website/apps that have implemented FIDO
- Dropbox, Github, and more
How it works
- FIDO - Fast Identity Online
- CTAP - Client To Authenticator Protocol